Normativa canadiense sobre combustibles
Offering both Verification and Feedstock Certification under The Canadian Clean Fuels Regulation (CFR)
What is the Canadian Fuels Regulation?
The Canadian Fuels Regulation (CFR) is a regulation that sets the requirements for selling transportation fuels into Canadian markets. The regulation was launched in March 2021 and sets out mandatory minimum lifecycle carbon intensity performance requirements that liquid fuel producers must meet, with the aim of reducing the carbon intensity of liquid fuels by at least 12% by 2030.
SCS Global Services is in the process of an ANAB certificate scope expansion under ISO 14064-3 to include verification of Low-CI fuels, and associated Low-CI fuels transactions, entering Canadian markets under the Canadian Fuels Regulation (CFR).
In addition to offering the above audit services, SCS is working with independent company, SCS Standards, to develop of a third-party feedstock certification scheme (CS). This CS will be available to certify feedstock used to produce low-carbon-intensity fuels is compliant with the CFR Land Use and Biodiversity (LUB) criteria. The LUB criteria will come into effect January 1st, 2024.
¿Por qué elegir SCS?
SCS has been providing high-quality verification services of biofuel and alternative fuel supply chains for approximately 10 years and has more than 25 years of experience in agriculture, greenhouse gas, and forestry certification.
SCS also verifies biofuel pathways under the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), the Oregon Clean Fuels Program (CFP), the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification system (ISCC), and will be an approved verification body in Brazil’s Renovabio program by the end of 2023. If interested, we also have expertise in RSB, RSPO, Bonsucro, and the Colombia Resolution 1962.
- Verification Process
Verifications under Sector 2 - Renewable/Bio/Low-CI Fuels that covers either:
- Compliance Category 2 – Supply of low-carbon fuels, and
- Compliance Category 3 – Supply of fuel or energy to advanced vehicle technologies
Feedstock Certification in compliance with CFR. Details regarding this standard will be released in the summer of 2023 and additional details will be provided here.
Verification Report Types:
- Approval of carbon-intensity for low-carbon intensity fuels, compressed and liquefied gases (sub-section 80(1))
- Temporary approval of carbon-intensity or low-carbon intensity fuels, compressed and liquified gases (sub-section 90(1))
- Annual credit creation report from the end-use fuel switching (section 120)
- Credit adjustment report from the supply of low-carbon-intensity fuel or from end-user fuel switching that relates to a low-carbon-intensity-fuel (section 122) (Note: The report is not required to be verified if no compliance credits were created during the compliance period to which the report relates)
- Carbon intensity pathway report (section 123)
- Material balance report (section 124)
1. Alcance e inicio del proyecto
- Client submits application and requests a quote for verification
- SCS confirma el alcance del proyecto y proporciona al cliente un presupuesto sin compromiso
- Client signs Work Order and returns to SCS to begin the verification process
- SCS prepares verification plan and sampling plan
2. Auditoría in situ
- El SCS revisa la documentación del cliente antes de la evaluación in situ
- El auditor del SCS realiza una evaluación in situ de las operaciones del cliente
- SCS drafts verification report in compliance with CFR and provides client with a report of findings
3. Acciones correctivas
- El cliente responde a las acciones correctivas necesarias
- El SCS revisa y verifica las acciones correctivas
4. Verification Report and Statement
- SCS completes verification report and associated filings
- Un revisor independiente examina las pruebas y los resultados
- SCS finalizes the verification report and submits to the Canadian ECCC, Low Carbon Fuels Division
La certificación tarda una media de 3 meses en completarse, desde la firma de la orden de trabajo hasta la decisión final. El plazo puede depender de cuándo se programe una auditoría in situ.
*SCS Global Standards will update this webpage with information regarding the Feedstock Certification Process once that audit process has been created by SCS Standards and approved by ECCC.
Ventaja de SCS
- Un servicio ágil y eficaz por parte de un equipo de certificación experimentado
- Más de 20 años de experiencia en consultoría y verificación de combustibles
¿Quiere empezar o necesita más información? Póngase en contacto con nosotros.